Sunday, February 13, 2011

News and Updates!

It feels like time is flying by and many different things are going on but we gotta start somewhere.

January was pretty dead as far as photography but I spent most of it taking care of seeds I started a few days after Christmas. I am still looking for an actual day job and my un-employment benefits ran out at the beginning of December. I know the economy is getting better but work is still scarce. 

Now that the more depressing news has been given, it is all uphill from here. Our Valencia orange tree is putting out many many more oranges than two people can eat. I have sent out tweets to let people know about the free oranges but I have not really had any takers. We have given some to our parents and gave some out last night to a few artists/friends at the Art Walk.

The Artwalk was a good time and I was kind of missing it. We skipped the December one because of our trip to Walt Disney World and there is not one in January. There were many new artists at this event and it was great to see the new things that are going on out there. 

Speaking of new things, I have been invited to participate in the "First Fridays" in Bixby Knolls for March. I am extremely excited to share my photography with new people and this is a wonderful opportunity to get my name out there. I will be at the  Everyday Zen Relaxation Studio on 3740 Atlantic Avenue. It is at the south end of the event. The studio is on the second floor but there are stairs and an elevator to get to it. 

There are only so many things that one can do to stay busy while being at home. I have picked up a new hobby and thoroughly enjoying it. I am fully immersed in gardening and loving it. It has grown  on my so much that I created a specific blog for it. I share my gardening experiences, recipes and going green.

That is the major news for now and hope to update more often than I have been.

Luis


Helpful Links:

1. 2nd Saturday Artwalk in Downtown Long Beach
2. First Fridays in Bixby Knolls
4. My Gardening Blog: It All Started With Tomatoes

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails